Colegio Mayor San Gregorio


This is an institution with several centuries of university tradition which has adapted its function and infrastructures to the present times.

The origin of the San Gregorio Residence Hall was in the 16th. century, specifically in the year 1534. On that moment, it was located in the corner of San Francisco and Mendizabal streets, opposite to the University Historical Building.

The present building is located on the Campus of Los Catalanes. It is a historical building and it was the result of the project made by the brothers Francisco and Federico Somolinos (1942). The most important feature is the power of its façade, with its tympanum breaking the cornice line and which represents a frame for the badge of the San Gregorio Hall. It was rebuilt in 1991 by the architect Nicolás Arganza in order to be equipped with all the necessary facilities.